To succeed in business, you’ve got to be able to close the deal. Showing genuine interest in the people you communicate with is a good place to start. With A Little Help from Ving, we take a look at the 9 best ways to open the lines of communication, engage, and ultimately gain more customers!
Original post by Karen Gerberry, Ving Success Manager
1. Connect on LinkedIn – LinkedIn is a great network so you and your prospect can read about one another. You may even find success in messaging them directly on LinkedIn over regular email.
2. Communicate Regularly Through Any Form Of Communication – It is important to stay present in your prospects lives. So if that is connecting and tweeting and following on social sites — do it! If that is shooting a regular email or phone call — do that!
3. Every Communication Needs A Purpose – make sure that you are checking in with a real purpose. We all get enough emails so make yours worth it.
4. Follow Them on Twitter – twitter is a good balance of professional and personal. Follow your prospects so you can get a better understanding of their every day problems.
5. Be An Active Listener – be a good listener and remember what is important to them.
6. Talk About Them Instead Of Just The Product – if you talk to them about their problems and their interests your product and sale will find its way into the conversation VS trying to force your product in upfront.
7. Address Their Concerns – if your prospect brings up a concern, address it directly.
8. Smile And Stop Complaining – no one likes a complainer. You are more likely to make a sale if you remain positive.
9. Answer Their Questions – do not avoid a question just because you are worried about how they may respond.
Like this post? You might enjoy reading Top 10 Tech Blogs & Publications (For Your Inbox)