Even when you’re feeling on top of your game, sometimes your career simply runs out of steam. It slows down and your momentum becomes stagnant. It feels like working in sludge. Whether you’ve already began your career, just starting out, or just looking for some advice, it is nice to step back and assess your situation. Here are some career tips Mashable gathered to get you over your hump.
1. “The only thing standing between you and success is yourself.” – Georges Chebli
Stand up for what you’re worth and reach for those opportunities you want. Don’t sell yourself short.
2. “Never assume defeat.” – Rachael Summers
Just because something didn’t go well the first time, doesn’t mean it’s completely over. Interviews, meetings, and pitches that were less than perfect does not mean you’re completely out of the picture.
3. “Pick your battles.” – Philip Johannessen
Sometimes people have bad days and some people revel in drama. Save your energy for more important things. Take a walk or get a breather to decompress.
Everyone has his or her own pace. Don’t stash yourself behind someone’s shadow based on your perception of your failings.
5. “Persistence beats resistance.” – Raoul van der Berg
Keep moving forward.
6. “Diversify your skill set.” – Stephanie Gentry
It’s great that you’re a specialist in something, but explore your curiosity and expand your skills set.
7. “Find out what you like doing best, and get someone to pay you for it.” – Alex Los
Love what you do, but if you could do the thing that you love, that would be even better. Learn what propels you out of bed.
Full article: http://mashable.com/2015/08/10/bite-sized-career-tips/