Companies know they must rely heavily on a strong team to manage and grow their business. As the workforce shifts away from a typical 9-to-5 day to encompass a more fluid labor force that includes contractors and freelancers, companies who are adaptable to change will have the advantage.
Here are 5 reasons why hiring a freelancer makes business sense:
1. Freedom. Hiring a specialized freelance, such as a tech consultant, will help streamline your business, especially if you have limited resources. Rather than employing a full-time staff member, you can work with an outside source on a project-by-project basis. You will also free up your current staff to do other tasks.
2. Affordability. By not having to hire someone full-time, you will have less salaries and benefits to cover. You’ll also not have to worry about vacation times and investing effort in training. Freelancers are used to working independently and can quickly move up to speed.
3. Swift delivery. When dealing with tasks that are not your specialty, it’s more efficient to allow a specialist to handle it for you. Freelancers are motivated to do a good job, fast. They know it’s in their best interest to exceed your expectations and be reliable. They want to get the job done. They don’t have time to waste on gossip or office politics.
4. Flexibility. Freelancers have been known to work odd hours. They don’t have to operate during business hours. They can update your website late at night, write code anytime or post social media feeds early in the morning. You’ll just need to be clear about what you want done, and they’ll create time to do the work optimally.
5. Experience. Good freelancers have solid experience with many different types of businesses. As they continue to work with a variety clients, they expand their skills and your company will benefit from their knowledge.
At 10x, we work with some of the most gifted technology professionals who won’t work full-time in traditional roles. They prefer to remain independent and maintain their creative edge through pursuits that inspire and challenge them.